Wednesday, April 7, 2010

058: Obsessed (2009)

Title: Obsessed (2009)
Starring: Beyoncé Knowles, Ali Larter, Idris Elba
Directed By: Steve Shill

I don't think I've ever used the word "dreck" in my entire life. That said, I honestly can't think of a single word better for Obsessed.

It's as if everyone involved in this film has never heard of subtlety. The film opens with a montage. You read that correctly, it OPENS with a montage! From there we are treated to scene after scene of foreshadowing elements. Now, I may be a semi-professional moviewatcher, but I think ANYONE can realize the difference between your average squeaky floorboard and an inevitable crappy resolution.

It ACTUALLY upsets me to see some of the names attached to this film. Composer James Dooley (who changes his name to "Jim" in the credits, in what I can only believe to be an attempt at anonymity) deserves better than this, though his work here is solid enough. There are EIGHT executive producers on the film including Beyoncé AND her father! What's worse though, is that one of the eight is Magic Johnson. You've got much better things to do with your time and money Magic! Get out while you still can!

This movie is garbage. There! That's another word besides dreck. I did it! And that alone is a bigger accomplishment than Obsessed.

Score: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment